Interested for the change in career?
There might be many different reasons for the people switching their career, either you may have discovered your interest in something new that you would like to incorporate into your new job or may wish to make more money or have flexibility in your working hours, or it can be any other reason etc.
Before you take any decision take the time to analyze and explore your career options. Choosing to change your career is a big decision and that should not be taken too lightly.
If after careful consideration, you have decided to switch your career goals, track these steps to access and explore your interest.
# IDENTIFY THE CHANGE
- Evaluate your current job satisfaction by deciding what change you want to make.
- Be sure to conduct through the research on the career you are considering.
- You need to consider your skill, strength, personalities you look at your options and values as you look at your options.
# PSYCHOMETRIC TEST
- These are designed to measure a candidate’s suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and various aptitude abilities.
- They help candidate identifying the extent to which his personality and cognitive abilities match those required to perform the desired role.
- There are three main areas that the tests explore: your capabilities, aptitude for the job, and to determine whether your personality fits in with the vision of the organization you are hoping to join.
- For more resources type in free personality test and check your score and see what are the available opportunities suited as per your interest/aptitude which you can use to test/measure your ability to perform that role (don’t underestimate the importance of psychometric assessment in shortlisting of your candidature).
# ELUDICATE YOUR STRENGTH
- After identifying the field of your interest, determine your strengths that are transferable to your new occupation.
- Identify the skills you need to develop.
- Create an educational plan to acquire the new skills you need.
# BACKGROUND TRANSFORMATION
Think out of the box to transform your expertise into the new role or industry you desire to work.
# HAVE AN EXPERIENCE
- The most suitable and effective way to begin a change is to have an experience in the desired field.
- You may start by volunteering for a non-profit company, working for equity in an early stage start-up’s, etc.
- To gain the necessary qualification, committing even a few hours per week for your newly desired role can enhance your job search quality up to a great extent.
# CREATE YOUR MARKETING PLAN
- This will help you structure your goals and will provide a framework for your job search.
- To stay focused and achieve your goals faster.
- This should include your objective, goal job title, your target market, a list of employers of interest.
NOTE:- Ensure that you have freshly tailored resume and LinkedIn profile which is focused on your new brand and your target career (Upcoming blog).Wants to change your career get coached by coach Sisodia, as its never to late to get guidance.